Thursday, October 23, 2008

Designing a poster for this year's live nativity!

I have been designing a advertisement poster for the live nativity. Yesterday afternoon I created rough a concept painting to give me an idea of what I am looking for.

This is the concept design, and below is the rough design that I did this afternoon in Photo shop.


After creating a idea of what I think will work, I'll fine tune the final design with some different images and lighting. I must say, I am pretty happy with the results of my first project in Photo Shop. I will post the final result when I finish it.

6 comments:

the W. family said...

We think the poster looks great! Mom wondered if a lamb would be a nice addition on the poster somewhere near the manger.

~Amy

Benjamin Iocco said...

Thanks for the compliment!

I put the design together in a couple hours so it was kind of a test to see what I could do.
It was my first attempt to create a project in Photo shop. It's a rough concept of the basic layout.

Yes, I plan to add a sheep and possibly a donkey. (people love to see the animals in a live nativity)
The photos that I used for the wiseman and roman where taken when we where trying on parts of our costumes. So they will not be used in the final poster. (We will have to re-photograph them)
When I do the actual one, I am hoping to add a few additions and a different light scheme! I will be posting the complete poster when I get around to finishing it. Hopefully by the middle of next month :) !

Potato Hill Bakery said...

awesome I like it

Benjamin Iocco said...

Great!

Anonymous said...

hey, your grandma gave me your link in the last letter she wrote me so i thought that id come and check it out!...hope thats ok
I just got photo shop last christmas and definitely appreciate what you've done here. its amazing!
heather jo reynolds

Benjamin Iocco said...

I had a lot of fun figuring it out!