Saturday, January 30, 2010

Canon EOS Rebel T1i

I got a new camera a few weeks ago. My Canon powershot S70 died a long time ago and I had been borrowing my family members cameras to get by. I wanted to upgrade to the SLRs when I got a new one. I finally decided to take the plunge and go with Canon's T1i. Costco was having a special sale on the T1i kit which included the EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS lens(regularly $250-$300.00 by itself) along with the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens and several other accessories. I got the entire package for a very good price.

I am very happy with it. It is a 15.1 mp and takes very clear images. I haven't done a whole lot with it yet but compared to the powershots I have been used to, there is no comparison. The shutter sound alone is enough to make you want to take pictures. There are so many photo taking modes, it will take some time to figure it all out. It should be a very helpful tool for my art.

1 comment:

Jennie Joy said...

Nice! I have an old digital SLR- the Nikon D100- which was a hand-me-down from my boss, Michele. I'm still getting used to it, but it's fun! :) I'm looking forward to seeing your photos, you talented cousin of mine. :)